Introduce yourself!

Hi all!

I just purchased the game. I found out about the game on YT, have been playing a lot of rim world lately.
I have always been a fan of these types of games.

2 Likes

Hey Minmin68 :smiley:
Thx for your support! Hope you’re enjoying yourself :wink:

Bonjour moi c’est ccbouboule est ça fait environ plus d’un mois et demi que je joue au jeu il est top je l’ai dĂ©couvert sur YouTube grĂące Ă  danfield mais la mon ordi Ă  crashĂ© et j’ai du retĂ©lĂ©charger le jeu et il y a marquĂ© free c’est normal?? En tout cas votre jeu est super j’y est passer des heures et des heures

1 Like

Hi @Ccbouboule!

I used google translate to translate what you were writing. Next time, please use it yourself, so that more people online can understand you :slight_smile:

Hello me it’s ccbouboule is it’s been more than a month and a half that I play the game it is top I discovered on YouTube thanks to danfield but my computer crashed and I had to redownload the game and there is marked free it’s normal ?? In any case your game is great I’m spending hours and hours.

I’m glad you like the game so much! It says “free” because you didn’t buy the game yet. Check out the store if you want to support the game.

1 Like

Hello to all the good folk here

I came across Founders Fortune thanks to Kathrine of Sky on Youtube, I have played through version 6.2, and I am on my second play through now.

Great game, and well polished thus far, FF brings for me, the spirit from old favorite titles of mine, like, The settlers, Sims and more, oddly I keep thinking of ‘Space colony’ though this isn’t quite that !

As Founders Fortune has it’s own charm, I felt compelled to join the early backers today, and wish Daniel, Rene and all those involved a great success.

I have been gaming since I was 11 years old, that being just over 40 years ago, is likely too much information. But it is safe to say I have a certain passion for gaming, and a bit of experience.

Have fun

2 Likes

Hi! I am Quirquie and I became addicted to this game before I ever played it! I first saw my favorite YouTuber Drake on his channel, Clan Hawkins playing and when he stopped I went looking for other videos. Once I ran out of videos to watch, I signed up to play, but I now own the game and became a supporter so I thought it was time to join the forum as well. Also, I love the certificate I got for completing the discobot tutorial.

Colony and base building games are my favorite games, but I don’t get enough time to myself to play most single player games as my hubby and sister always want me to play with them on her Minecraft server. I love the freedom of just being able to try new things, or make the biggest colony I can.

I don’t think I could have just one, it depends on my mood. When I feel like everyone should just die, I become a plague and destroy everyone in the world playing Plague Inc. Evolved. If I want to feel superior, then I build a 5k population colony on Mars playing Surviving Mars. If I just want to just relax then I try to see how big of a raft I can build without the shark eating it while playing Raft. And then of course there is whatever Minecraft mod we have on our server with my family.

Thank you for doing such a great job making a truly awesome and fun game to play!

2 Likes

Hi @Dogbix, hi @Quirquie glad to have both of you on board!

Hi, my name is Dasavatara, Dasa for short. My sister is Quirquie and she told me about the game. Minecraft is the only base building game that I have played. I have several games that I enjoy for various reasons but am looking forward to playing this one. I like being creative and having fun!

4 Likes

Hey Dasa! Nice to have you here and thank you so much for supporting us! :slight_smile:
I hope you’ll enjoy the game. Be sure to tell us what you think once you played it some more! :wink:

How did you find out about Founders’ Fortune?

• Stumbled across some youtube videos by Nookrium.

Have you played other colony simulators before? Base building games? What do you like about them?

• Stronghold 2 and Dungeon Keeper (1 & 2) plus a few City sims. Always like a free-build sandbox with no fixed objectives.

What’s your favorite other game? Why?

• LOTRO because Tolkien.

What’s your opinion on Indie games vs big budget blockbusters?

• I haven’t spent much time playing Indie titles but I think they fill a gap, especially if they focus on a core gameplay idea and not try to be all things to all people.
2 Likes

Hey there Marcomer!

I’ve been playing LOTRO for guite some time in the past. Very story focused, loved the world’s atmosphere.^^

Hope your’re enjoying Founders’ Fortune :smiley:

LORTO ? tried that one when it came out but kinda didnt make the cut for me maybe i was in too early ? did it change since the start and if so in what way ?

i think that time i was still too busy with D&DO, RappelZ, Jade Dynasty and ofc. Fiesta (there was no way around that one at the time) so 
 but except Fiesta not one of those made it past a year for me. Since i do not understand the obsession with winning, games that only go after that kind of Goal get washed out quickly.

There’s been tons of changes over the years, probably more than I can remember or find time to write down. I don’t think the basics have changed a whole lot - very story driven. Pretty good at keeping in the spirit of the book and avoiding really outlandish generic fantasy elements. Landscape questing - tons. PvP - meh, it’s always been plagued by balance issues. Raids, that’s not really my thing but there seems to be good ones and not-so-good ones. Getting to end game seems to have grown into a bit of a grind if you’re starting from scratch, maybe that will get worked on. Everyone has there own idea on what makes a game good so your mileage may vary.

1 Like

In German we have the saying: The way is the goal. This suits LotRO were well in my opinion. Questing was what it was about for me when I played it. I was never a huge fan of the endgame content of MMOs anyways. :wink:

Haha MMOs and Endgame is just as good as Anime and Finales :rofl: there are some good ones but most just don’t :laughing:

maybe i give it another try at some point Neverwinter has me stuck in the rafting system so i dont feel like it for now and all the other mmo’s im playing are not really that traditional Fantasy’ish if you know what i mean (Soulworker TERA Blade&Soul MapleStory2) so maybe that would be something for my laptop to play with :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • How did you find out about Founders’ Fortune?
    I saw it on the /r/basebuilding subreddit

• Have you played other colony simulators before? Base building games? What do you like about them?
    I’ve played banished, prison architect, tropico, surviving mars, and factorio. I like production chain type games, and the freedom to create a balanced city based on needs. banished seems to do this very well, as well as tropico.

• What’s your favorite other game? Why?
    Has to be tropico, mainly due to the good balance and humour.

• What’s your opinion on Indie games vs big budget blockbusters?
    You need good gameplay. Sometimes the big budget games seem to focus on gfx instead.

3 Likes

Hey @noddycr, welcome in the forum and thanks for the support!

Gameplay is on our mind almost every day but it takes a lot of time to get right. Let us know about your feedback once you’ve played for a while :slight_smile:

Dreamer here!

I found about this game through a preview/review off Youtube while I was searching for new city building games. I currently play City Skylines and Life is Feudal. I really love both of them. But have always want a game that I can customized in and out of my towns, and my people! This game did it for me. I wasn’t impress with the graphic, but then I can’t complain too much since this game can run smoothly on my slightly older HP Spectrum.

I don’t consider myself a game addict, but I do enjoy playing. I currently own a Nintendo switch and am waiting for the upcoming sequel to Breathe of The Wild!! I’m trying to save up for the new Zelda game coming in July, Dark Soul, and the new Lugi Mansion!!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Kip! I came here on the recommendation of my boyfriend. We both play a handfull of colony simulators in the vein of Dwarf Fortress. One of my favorites to date is Rim World, it’s got a fun mix of credible but possible to overcome setbacks and just a million tiny things to do for flavor or fun. An artist I follow on Twitter had a thread about that game detailing a colony that over time had tamed foxes outnumbering the humans 5-1, whom did most of the hauling/hunting/combat for the colony.

I generally prefer to support indie devs when I can, although I’m no stranger to AAA titles. The indie sector is generally where inspiration is born, and the AAA sector is where it’s polished to a fine shine, before being beaten over the body of some sort of equine until both the animal and the concept are well and thoroughly dead.

I’m loving the game so far, thank you so much for the open alpha! If features, ease of use and game play flesh out well, this is definitely on my to-buy list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Dreamer^^
I’m happy you like the customization options Founders’ Fortune has to offer. When it comes to graphics, it is a neccessity for us to keep it simple (for example no textures) as we’re just 2 developers. As you’ ve already figured out a nice side effect is, that it runs on lower end hardware too :wink:
Haha I didn’t know there is already a sequel to Breath of the Wild on the way. Haven’t finished the first one :open_mouth:

Hey @KipAfiras :smiley:
Rim World surely offers so many different ways how things can turn out. I’ve never played it but read about crazy events in the game. Founders’ Fortune won’t manage to get this complex as it is just too much work for us to implement a comparable amount of events/ interactions in our more detailed world. Then again we don’t see it as a story generator as much as a relaxing colony builder. We’re currently working on a bunch of new features like fortification, more equipment and parties for the Steam release in mid of July. As you can see more is on the way :wink:

Enjoy the game!