Introduce yourself!

● How did you find out about Founders’ Fortune?
With a video of a french youtuber that find indie game and do some presentation of them.
the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HqupB5Q_tk&t=0s

● Have you played other colony simulators before? Base building games? What do you like about them?
I’ve played many games before (simulator/building) like stonehearth, portal knight, etc… What i like on them is the building things, doing my best on colony simulator to make the perfect base to protect myself, survive and keep growing. On building games i like the way i can be creative enough to make a beautifull thing and that is functionnal.

● What’s your favorite other game? Why?
At this time i only have 3 other favorite games:

• Supraland - Love the way i can find new secret every time, trying my best to survive and to know every secret, love the challenge of all the maze/enigma

• StoneHearth - Love all the building possibilities, can be the more creative as i wish and it have good MODS support

• Evoland - Love to see the world growing and changing in front of me, every chest contain a upgrade that is satisfaying.

● What’s your opinion on Indie games vs big budget blockbusters?
I really Preffer INDIE game because like other said indie game have something more natural, we know dev do their best to satisfy their players, they love their work (game) like mother and child, it’s something that some big budget blockbusters sometime forget, a good game is a game made by passionate for passionate. If you make your game for money of something like this, it’s a waste of time.

Just my opinion, thanks for reading and have a good day/night everyone !

2 Likes

Welcome again @JordanPANDA :smiley:

I’m striving to make it easy to support mods in the future. At the moment I don’t think our community is big enough yet to have modders be interested in it, but I’m hopeful for the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi ! I’m Juljue - known as Julie M. on Discord.

I’m a french young woman who started to find interest in indie games since last year.

I love sim games and builders so I checked out this new one shortly after I found about it.

How did I discover it ?

On YouTube, thanks to a video of an french indiegames curator named DanField.

If I have played other colony simulators before ? Base Building Games ? And what do I like about them ?

Of Course I did. I love that type of videogames. I have played so many games like this but the first I have in mind and I think are really close to Founders Fortune would be Foundations, Rimworld and FactoryTown. I also love crafting and building games for their creativity.

What are my other favorite games ?

I have a lot of games I play in the same time. Recently I started My Time at Portia. I also love strategic games like Wargroove or Northgard. I did play the demo of Forenger and wait for it on the Switch. I also like minimalist games like Islanders - a very minimalist strategic city builder game.

What is my opinion on Indie games vs the big budget blockbusters ?

I guess it was already obvious I don’t think independ games are bad games. I prefer looking at the original gameplays and ideas of free independ developers than the graphics or other stuff that only triple A can get. I still do like blockbusters games - mostly for Nintendo Games and JRPGs. I also like licence games like star-wars. But now I found out about the great world of independant games I surely prefer to discover the new ones who are coming out of nowhere with YouTube videos or even on Kickstarter. One of the games I follow is Littlewood, which is an other city-builder game.

I also thinking about making my own game and getting involved in this developement stage of games is a really nice opportunity to see how it works for independant game makers.

That’s it. I’m glad I found about that game and I can’t wait to talk about it more in other topics.

Thanks for reading and welcoming me in your community.

2 Likes

Hi @Juljue, welcome to the forum!
If you have any questions about the gamdev side of things, feel free to ask (in another thread) :smiley:

Hello all,

I’m Margot, I’ve starting playing video games when I was 3, on the lap of my father playing Doom, asking him to use the chainsaw. Gives a good idea on how I manage my colonist :smiling_imp:

I find out about Founder’s Fortune on YouTube thanks to Danfield’s video.

I have played a lot of colony simulator or base building. starting from AoE, Warcraft 3, later I’ve played civilisation, the guild 2, my time at portia, rimworld, the sims, etc.

What I like about those games? Make me feel like I’m the boss ahah. I can manage a small sociaty like I want it to be, and if it goes appart I’m the only responsible for it. But when it works, well, this is thanks to me :sunglasses:

My favorite other game would be rimworld. I found a lot of what I love in rimworld in your game by the way :smile:

My opinions on indies games vs big budget blockbuster:

blockbuster are ok, but usually they are so sure to sell that quality tend to decrease over time.
Then Indies games arrived, with attentives devs who take the Community wants into consideration. So yes, usually games are not finished when we start playing, but this is the beauty of it, we can see the game evolve and sometime be a small part of it.

So yes, I’m a hudge fan of indies games.

2 Likes

Hi @Chappoe, welcome to the forum!

Some people asked for torturing devices, makes me wonder if your colonists would be safe if we added them :grimacing:

I’m happy that you like the game, looking forward to hear your feedback :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,

First before the answers, excuse my poor english, i’ll try to check translators frequently.

How did you find out about Founders’ Fortune?

I found this game on a video gameplay by DanField channel on youtube.

Have you played other colony simulators before? Base building games? What do you like about them?

Yes, like with the rpg i like the gradual progression, choises to do during the party, the creative impulse.

What’s your favorite other game? Why?

It’s hard to point a favorite game for me, i play lots of others strategic’s/management’s game, dematerialized/physical. Because i’m a great kid (or Peter Pan)

What’s your opinion on Indie games vs big budget blockbusters?

I don’t have an interesting opinion about it, i don’t thinked about it, but spontaneously i have a tendancy to think it’s like confront local production of food and agribusiness, i prefer help the smaller one but the biggest is all time attractive.

Thank you for your job, your game is very interesting.
I try do craft a strategic game (physical) with few friends, so when i see your work (and others ones), it help me to inspire my own rules.

2 Likes

Hi @Tyramitsu and welcome! Glad to have you here.

Haha, the agribusiness comparison is very fitting I think.
And don’t worry, your english is fine :slight_smile:

Wow so many new people! Hey all, I’m happy you found our Forum and decided to sign up and be part of it. I hope you have fun and enjoy yourselves. I’m looking forward to your feedback and ideas! :relaxed:

1 Like

Hello, I go by the name Twisted.
I’ve always been horrible at these introduction posts, so I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.

And I have a developer that I have as well due to them showing off just how little they care about their players. Now Indie Devs, you can easily tell the difference because they interact with their players, they listen to what they have to say and even in the game itself, you can tell when a game has been shown love by its Devs and in turn grows into something fantastic. I think of Stardew Valley, and Forager right off the bat when I say that. I’m hoping that FF will be the same way.

So now I will Bookmark this forum, install the game (slacking, I know lol) and dive in hehe

2 Likes

Sorry for the late welcome, but happy to have you here! :smiley:
I’ll respond to your feedback post in a minute.

Hi from me in the UK and…well, a very late ‘Hi all!’ to everyone enjoying (hopefully) this.
I’ll say more tomorrow when I’m not so drunk :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Haha, glad you’re enjoying yourself @Yuhg :wink:

Hi! I’m Janita and I just downloaded this game today!
I’m a 20 year old girl from Norway and loves indie games because of all the freedom the game gives you.

I found this game from Youtube recommendations from a youtuber named Nookrium.
I realised right away that I’m going to love this game so I stopped the video and started playing for myself to avoid spoilers. :slight_smile:

This game reminds me of some combination of The Sims and Banished and I love that!

I might be late to the party, but I hope to be able to contribute to this game by finding bugs and coming with ideas to improve the game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Janita, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the nice words. You’re definitely not late to the party, more feedback is always great :smiley:

Hi There,

• How did you find out about Founders’ Fortune? - Youtube … one of the Channels Graystillplays had on the related channels dont remember which one.

• Have you played other colony simulators before? Base building games? What do you like about them? - Yes many because you can give those Personality so to say :grin:

• What’s your favorite other game? Why? - STO, Soulworker, CivVI, Neverwinter, B&S, TERA, D3. why ??? … I’m a Gamer since UO 1997 so … how much time u have :stuck_out_tongue:

• What’s your opinion on Indie games vs big budget blockbusters? the second are just moneygrabs for investors and companies like EA can go F… off, they don’t care about their Games as long as it’s making them Money, if you compare like SW:TOR where u can’t do shit without paying lots of Money, with STO as FTP farming IG to trade for currency so it’s not Pay2win at all, they are still doing fine why is that EA ???

2 Likes

Haha so many abbriviations :open_mouth:

Sorry force of habit :grin: Star Trek Online, Soulworker, Civilization VI, Blade & Soul, Tera, Diablo 3
UO = Ultima Online Released 1997
SW:TOR = Star Wars the old Republic

1 Like

HI I’m Windy

I found out about your game through a playthrough with KathrineOFSky when she started 6.2. I have played Factorio and Stonehearth recently, I also have played Simcity 3000. I like playing these games to relax.

2 Likes

Hi Windy!
Welcome to our forum. I hope you’re having fun. We just released a new update (Alpha 7)!

1 Like