Post a picture of your colony

63 hours of dangerous living. Had to thin out the competition from 6 villages to 2 to enable building and survival. I guess it’s pretty much all I can do as the resources are about to run out.
They are a happy bunch, so I am content and I await the next game developments :slight_smile:

I found this playthrough interesting in many ways. Not least is that I planned big houses ahead and moved to this location and completely rebuilt giving basically 16x7 for each, thinking about the 5 room thing. In the end only 3 wanted 5 rooms, 2 wanted 3 and the rest lived in just the massive space without interior walls, which I found a bit odd.

I also found that relating to bug infestation, my 2 wheat fields were separated completely and when one got hit so did the other, so they are linked regardless of distance it seems.

3 Likes

That’s a lot of stone on the ground @Yuhg. Is that the resource that’s running out?

The bugs spawn on random plots of farmland and spread only to plants within a certain radius.

Hehe yes a lot of stone. Pretty much all the iron is gone now and naturally there’s enough wood to ‘pave paradise’ with an enormous parking lot :stuck_out_tongue:
The amount left is probably fine to put a bit more in but I guess I’m looking at whay I’d need to do that other than for aesthetic reasons.
I’m more thinking of ‘end-game’ stuff. There is little I can now do other than dealing with one little village now and then. This gives a little tradeable cash income but that is all.
From what I’ve seen in this playthrough it would have been impossible to survive whilst keeping 6 villages bribed and happy, so they mostly had to die.
I can’t make the totally aggresive village any happier, even by giving them a load of stuff and I can’t give them money, so they just die to give armour to sell. All good.
I guess what I’m leading to is that imho there needs to be some perceivable end conditions to be able to meet, whether it’s score-based or otherwise :slight_smile:

With the bugs, it’s happened a few times with the wheat. As soon as the bugs hit they hit both fields simultaneously, leaving all other crops unharmed, even though some are clearly closer to one wheat field. I’ll try replanting one field really far away to see if this occurs the same again.

1 Like

Hi Yuhg,

Pretty much everything is explained about bugs in the forum post:

I added a picture to show how to stop the spread of bugs across crops (if you let it get that bad).

1 Like

Yes, thanks @roo, I had already read that post.

Actually I just processed this in a different way and it’s really not a problem :slight_smile:
I understand that having gaps in the rows will not help - realised that from the early alphas.

What annoyed me initially is that my wheat fields were so far apart.

But just now it occurred to me that in reality a lot of bugs are crop-specific and so to attack ALL the wheat wherever it is is quite natural behaviour and should not be changed at all.

Just have to be quick to eradicate them! :smiley:

Anyway, food is never an issue for me after a certain tipping point - it’s just good to have everything covered strategy-wise :slight_smile:

Here guys! My colonie is full already but heres a picture of it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Like this one ! good job

Thank you! heres inside the houses :slight_smile: They all have different colors and Decoration im really happy how it turned out

3 Likes

4 Likes

can i see the interior of the big one please ?

I didnt really decorated it, it was more to hold whats important but here it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice thanks ! :slight_smile:
well decorated :o

You should see some of the colonies I get from players. Some just throw all furniture on a big pile :smiley:
Looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the game as a great potential when it comes to decoration, it would be a shame not to use it. im about to start a full on new colonie, more organised For the end game [5 room] cause i dont want to destroy my houses but i want everyone to be in the green, i might just decide to keep the houses empty but i spent 2 hours for them so im still trying to think about an other solution, Thats why i might start from scrap.
But in any case I’ll update you guys on changes!

2 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

WOW i like your colony !

Did you see the screen of the month ? I don’t understand what are those stranges pieces of wood everywhere. It’s absolutely beautiful

Hi Ulti3484,

Like your town and the park is very innovative.

Just a question: what/where is the screen of the month ?

Screenshots Of The Week (SOTW) is only on discord in #Screenshot channel it don’t work here ^^

1 Like