Post a picture of your colony

After the Alpha 3 update I really enjoyed seeing what people had built in the game, so I wanted to make a thread about it. Maybe we can get a nice gallery going.

Screenshots are made with F12 and you can find them in
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Oachkatzlschwoaf Interactive
There is also a shortcut to the folder in the settings → keybindings panel.

This is probably the biggest colony I managed to build until now:

4 Likes

This colony picture was sent to me by a player (Mr. Smif). The last Alpha was balanced to be really difficult (ooops) and he had no time for cleaning up all the corpses :smiley:

1 Like

Imgur

This was my first colony before running out of food during the winter. :coffin:

3 Likes

Ah, too bad :smiley:
I like how you organised the different bedrooms for the guys.
Did you get any migrants before it ended?

1 Like

Yeah I had about 9 before it ended. I just gave up and started over - it’s difficult to get enough food before the winter. Trying different approaches such as setting 2 colonists to farming. It’s a little slow going gathering crops, maybe because of a low farming level?

1 Like

Yes, it’s easy to underestimate the amount of food you need to have in storage, especially when new people join you have more mouths to feed.
The farming level doesn’t influence productivity right now. We’re thinking about a well + watering can system together unlocked with the farming level to improve productivity in the future.

Made it to the 2nd winter this time. Looking a little bit better. :ok_hand:

Also this was quite amusing:
Imgur

2 Likes

I yet have to implement a “dancing on the grave animation” :sweat_smile:

I like your colony pics a lot :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s my newest fortress. I migrated to a different, safer area and it’s starting to look great.

Imgur

Imgur

2 Likes

Looking good! I’ve been spending too much of my spare time messing around with the subreddit. I need to get to building something like this!

It is looking amazing! Don’t you get attacked by a lot of Tikigoblins? Do you have a huge graveyard somewhere?

We should run contests for the greatest settlement / fortress once you guys have some more competition :smiley:

Wow that’s amazing! I’ve never bulit a fortress that big. I wonder what you’ll design once we release the next update. I’m working on various new wall and floor types and we’re planning to introduce defensive walls. :smiley:

Surprisingly not yet, just before settling here I was attacking by 5-7 of them at my old settlement. I wiped out one of the tikigoblin villages so that might have reduced attacks? Not sure.

Wow! Looking forward to it. I’m starting to get into building good looking settlements and more building variety will surely be helpful.

If they keep ignoring you for 2 seaons or so, it might be a bug. They should still find you if you move, but maybe they’re dumb :smiley:
If you send me your save, I can investigate. The save is located in C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Oachkatzlschwoaf Interactive/Founders Fortune (it’s almost the same as the screenshot folder) and you can send it to daniel@foundersfortune.com.

Winter One

Loving this gem!

As a fan of Banished, Guilds, Sims and old school RTS/Base managers (AOE, Settlers…way to many to name…list in my head compared to character limit will make it futile lol.) This game has hooked me

Dev team keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Looks like you have a decent amount of food for the winter! Hopefully you can make it through your first (unless you already have by now). I like your 3x3 roads, makes me want to expand on mine, perhaps mixing it with wood.

Hey guys, fingers crossed this link works.

Imgur

This is my small colony coming into the second “year” :slight_smile:, really enjoying the game so far!

3 Likes

Hi Kaiju, looks great! Very orderly.
Happy to hear you made it through the winter, that’s what most people have problems with.

But you really need more lights in your buildings, it seems like your colonists need to read and eat in the dark :smiley:

1 Like

Under Construction.

7 Likes

Oh wow, that looks incredible :smiley:
Would you mind sending me your save file?
It’s always useful to have a large colony to do some stress testing and such :slight_smile:

2 Likes