Post a picture of your colony

You might not realize it but 53 hours of playtime is a huge compliment for us :smiley: I know there are games you can spend way more time on; anyways for us that’s already a good start. :+1::grin:

1 Like

Definitely a compliment…very engaging game…want more now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working on it :wink:

3 Likes

Here is my new village (Alpha 7):

5 Likes

Beautiful. Let’s see how long it takes until someone else makes something this big with Alpha 7 :smiley:

1 Like

blunt rise to prosperity (alpha 7.3)

4 Likes

Still deciding how I want to set up the living space, but I love the options for pillars and using them to form archways into places.

4 Likes

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiHFqjsPl_m8h3T8JxSLf4-TVSQE

2 Likes

Wow @lameaker that looks like a grand colony!
Also, welcome to the forum :smiley:

You can also try imgur.com to upload your picture, that works quite well usually.

After a few good years and just having reached maximum population, here’s my first colony:

Imgur

Particularly proud of my little “gatehouse” design. Looking forward to more fully fleshed out fortifications someday. Portcullises! (Maybe some Tiki battering rams?)

Imgur

Not done with these guys yet, but winding down. I’ll probably get everyone their own house, and take some time to welcome the final arrival and get her properly set up, and then call it quits to start anew.

Thanks for the new addiction.

6 Likes

I must say, I’m impressed :smiley: I really like your set up here!

This is beautiful! Great job!

1 Like

All the Resources all around me (except apples) is just how i like it :wink: far from finished ofc but i think one can see where this is going :wink:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/785234540544417175/A89DA3A4040BA041698AAEAFCE1624B4C20A1B3C/

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful design. Very symmetrical. Satisfies my OCD haha.

Question, how did you get your UI for the colonists to minimize that way to only show their portraits?

1 Like

Haha, it’s simple @Kirstie: @MisterZ played way back in February when the game was much smaller and the extended portrait just didn’t exist back then :smiley:
People with the gold supporter packages can have a look at all the early versions and see how the game progressed over time.

Also: Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Interesting! Could we have it as a feature? “Simple UI”? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you think our UI is too much? :slight_smile:

Colony number two, much more complete than my first attempt.

Overall view:

And here are a few fun details I’m happy with…

Insert Gregorian chant here:

Bonus points if you can figure out what I used for the “altar.”

And a lovely little tavern with onsite brewery and external patio seating, none of which my dwarves ever use because they made me put food access in all of their houses :stuck_out_tongue: :

And of course, there’s Founders’ Park. I’d rather like to join farmer Matthew down there in lazily enjoying the colors changing on the evergreen… wait… they’re evergreens! Why are they changing colors in the fall? What is this madness!!? :rofl:

Good Lord this game is addictive. You’ve created a real gem, @Daniel and @Rene.

6 Likes

That’s beautiful. The small church is probably my favorite :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think it is, but it can get hectic when you have more than 8 colonists. Options are always good for UI. Many games lack them.

Example :

1. Ability to adjust UI size (making toolbar smaller etc)
  2. Ability to simplify UI (hide misc info next to colonist portraits)
  3. Ability to add/move around minimap huds to a better focal point to suit the player’s playstyle.
  4. Colorblind mode.
  5. Accessibility options

Just to name a few.

PS. Thank you for creating such a wonderful game. I haven’t been able to stop playing!

2 Likes