Post a picture of your city!

I love the signs, great way to add some personality to the city!

Very nice. First level 4 I have seen. I can not get enough workers to make enough robots. to get there. Was nice to see I could scale back the stadiums. One problem I see is that the habitats use more when not full. This appears to force us to overproduce to get them filled up but once they are filled we then demolish the extra production that is not needed. I would prefer to build what is needed and watch the habitats slowly fill till equilibrium. Maybe I am missing something though. Having fun but frustrated with not getting their. Actually left the game running through dinner to get a lot of steel. Now the motor factories are fighting with the warehouse for steel and always short of steel. Perhaps too far from the steel mills? Would be nice to set limits for the warehouse levels.

Hello everyone! Just started playing. I am basically getting to know the game.

I have experienced a couple of problems. For example the sound sometimes gets very loud or just suddenly stops and if I move my screen a bit it continues. Sometimes very loudly again and very suddenly.

Also pathfinding of the vehicles seems to be the simplest and if something happens they just disappear. Not being able to upgrade a road caused a gridlock and most of the time I solve it by touching and changing the roads because at least then the vehicles disappear.

Plus it is hard to keep up with all the resources… And I am a hardcore city builder/strategy games player. It would be nice to have tab where I could see what I have, what is the production rate and how much my city requires. (It would be outmost awesome if it was possible by whole city/region tab.

And it seems my storage went full because some steel mill just stopped meanwhile I was waiting to get more steel. So when I realised this I just built more storage and seemed to solve the issue.

All in all will be a good game.

You can make an area that is not connected via road to your motor factories for making steel
afew irons mine, steel factories , air for carbon and warehouse… not connected to anything else for steel income, is nice that you can have areas cut off from the main road or population, doubt it will be like that forever lol

Thanks, i like to try an organize things, good for when 1 type of goods is not producing enough, ill expand its area instead of adding more randomly around a massive city :smiley:

My latest version.
Plan is to delete schools, finish research for level 4 and then build an area for Vr just to see how it works. i will connect it from the south-east
I

1 Like

Have only been playing a couple of days, but enjoying it immensely.
My first full city… well,Level 4

2 Likes

I have the lower level habitats at the maximum number of people before the higher level downgrades from population ratio. The only way I can make enough vredutaiment will be to demolish all my research facilities. I am going to do that to get to the next level. The last release helped a lot particularly with the schools.

1 Like

two hours later. neural processor is a bitch. Faster or less requirements. Starting be tedious not fun.

i had 9 nerural fact for 3 vr and 3 robots , i wish i had 12 but that required lot more nano , microcip, etc and also trafic would have become a problem.
Also, destroy the spaceport i u have the populatin at maximum
I went for level 5 only after i destroyed the researc modules beacause they need iron, carbon, alumin and a lot of people working that u have to focus on other places
Good luck

Arminius seems to have the road infrastructure modeling down to a science in this sim. Hats off to you.

I tried a roundabout approach, which worked early on but due to u-turn trucks has become a bane when the city became larger. Arminius suggested a triangular or hexagonal approach. I wanted to reiterate that for newcomers to the game.

3 Likes

Yeah, Arminius has gathered quite some experience.

But your city looks great, too, @Diversiam!

Not necessarily the best idea to build on a hillside :crazy_face: :wink:

2 Likes

My city so far, almost have everything on tier 4. But it took a lot of afking of the city to get this. Robots need a bit of tuning they take too much of your workforce XD. I separated the concrete and steel and went light on research.

The overpasses need bit of tuning its hard build them like in Skylines. However, the mines off screen do use them import the goods to factories instead of everything coming through the middle of city so the traffic AI is definitely smarter than Skylines not using the quickest route. I will use larger roads when the traffic despawning bug is fixed.

What will really help is if you can designate zones for your workforce to deliver to this works really well in Endzone/Banished with the marketplaces.

2 Likes

My recent level up :grin:

Such a densely packed mish-mash…! I find Highways improve delivery schedules … Heh.

2 Likes

Whats the best ratio of Appliance Factories per Residential Building? My people are leaving in droves because they cant get a new microwave. Ive build so many yet they’re still unhappy. I hope everyone votes for the Happiness in the Road Map. That seems to be the most confusing part at the moment.

1 Like

looks like it’d be fun to skateboard tho. :star_struck:

A grid system similar to Satisfactory would be nice too. That way it’d be a lot easier to make clean lines and blocks. Now if I could just get my peeps to stop leaving b/c they don’t have enough small appliances, I’ll be set. :laughing:

I’ve the exact same issue, i have 50 appliance factories and that’s not feeding the people, the storage in the factories is full but the houses are downgrading