Window Mode Mouse Problem

I’ve noticed that my mouse doesn’t work properly in windowed mode. There is no East or South movement, though the keyboard directions work perfectly.

When I initially installed the game and switched to ‘window’ the mouse worked for 5-10 minutes then it lost South, rebooted computer without success, then later it lost East as well.

Had the game 2 weeks and it still does this in windowed mode though works perfectly in full screen.

Fairly sure its an in-game issue.

Thanks for the report roo, I’ve written it down.

So it works when you first start the game, but then it stops working after some time?

Hi Daniel,

When I bought the game the mouse worked properly just the one time in window mode. Thats why I rebooted the system as I thought it may be an installation glitch. No success.

Ever since then the mouse has had no East or South in window mode.

The game works perfectly in full screen mode, which is why I thought it was an in-game issue.

I don’t use window mode a lot, just when I waiting for important messages or need some data quickly - I can get by with using the keyboard for now :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry, I meant to reply a long time ago :woozy_face:

The issue is that when the game opens up in Windowed mode it opens up too large for my screen.

The right edge is 2 or 3mm past the screen edge while the bottom edge is 2 or 3 cm past the screen edge (mainly due to the Taskbar) - the monitor is only a few months old.

The problem could be fixed with a smaller default opening size (80%) or the option to open it at a smaller sized window.

There is an work around to my problem.

Opening in windowed mode, resize down the top and left edges of the opened window.
Reposition the screen back up and to the left a bit fixes the problem and the mouse regains normal functionality.

The only problem is that I have to do this every time I start FF in window mode or start a new game or start a saved game. A bit of a hassle when going any testing in Windowed mode.

1 Like

Great that you found out why it was happening, that makes a lot of sense :+1:
May I ask what’s your screen resolution and what size does Founders’ Fortune open at?

Maybe I can edit the defaults if it’s happening to multiple people.

Thanks for the quick replies :smiley:

All settings are standard / default:

Founders Fortune game running @ 1920 x 1080

Monitor: Philips PHL 253V7L running @ 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native)

I would think that this must be a problem for others, but no one else seems to post any comments about the issue :neutral_face: