Why are Trucks still collecting from Parks and Stadiums?

I have had to turn off the traffic controls on my game since there still seems to be trucks collecting from the parks and stadiums which then seem to do a couple of laps around the city and return where they started from. This causes masses of congestion around these structures and you end up with a chain of vehicles waiting to enter/leave and blocking the other delivery trucks.
I was under the impression that Parks and Stadiums were area effect building now and deliveries were not required any longer. The residential buildings don’t have a counter anymore indicating stock levels so I was pretty sure they don’t receive deliveries of culture anymore.

Culture is no longer “delivered by truck” as it was before, but residents from nearby habitats still drive to and from the park, stadium, and school.

One of my biggest gripes is the ultra slow speed for vehicles entering or leaving a building. It would be really nice if we had the ability to “upgrade” the “driveways” for these as we unlock other road upgrades in the tech tree.

Even more optimal would be the ability to have multiple driveways and or the ability to have say the entrance on one side and the exit on another.

Seems like an “artificial” congestion mechanic. When I build things like parks, I typically leave extra room around them so I can make a traffic bypass for the congestion to pile up on rather than my main roads. It wastes space in your city grids and is a bit of a PITA.

It would be nice if we could use the “districts” to force residents to use a specific park and then have them walk if they are within X range. IE keep people off the roads.

Just some additional thoughts.

What my main issue with park buildings etc is that you cannot limit how many lanes the cars will occupy, I would be fine if you could assign 1 lane to the park and the other 2 lanes could be used as passthroughs f.ex. if cars need to get to habitats or in case of storages need to get to the next storage.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.