Trader stops coming (even with good relations)

The last several games I’ve played, the trader has randomly stopped showing up. The relationship is usually good, and when I ask them when they will arrive, it says 1-2 days, 3-4 days, --or even when I ask them to take a detour-- arriving any moment now… but the trader never shows up. I’ve waited a few seasons before giving up hope. My scrolls :frowning:

edit:
Also! After reading other posts, I just wanted to point out that I love this game and I’m thankful for all the hard work you’ve put into it. :slight_smile: There are of course some small things that irk me, but nothing game-breaking, and I understand you prioritize bigger issues. My biggest issue is finding a “calm” game that doesn’t have multiple tribes that “will attack on sight” from the very start. Other than that, I’m very happy with this game so far.

1 Like

Hi grrwtf,

Hello and welcome :smile:

If the trader hasn’t shown up for more than a season or two and you have +25 on their diplomacy icon, then it really does sound like a game problem.

If you don’t mind can you post a recent saved game to daniel@foundersfortune.com or me andrew.mailbox@gmail.com and I will have a look at it later today :slight_smile:

Finding a save file: How to find your screenshots and savegames

Sorry, I just noticed your comment

It does have to be good for them to trade with you, same as the goblins. So if it falls down below the friendly rating, then they will not turn up :wink:

Me again :innocent:

Yes I fully agree, a friendly game should not have attacks either early in the game or multiple times within a season. It seems at complete opposites to the description :frowning:

:3 Yes, even when I have a “lasting friendship” (25+) it has happened. I don’t currently have any saves with that issue, but if I come across it again, I would be glad to share (sorry, I tend to delete older games because the autosaves don’t overwrite each other and I end up with more than I care to look at :p).

At first I thought it might have something to do with being in >>> speed, but it’s not consistent (by that, I mean there have been plenty of times the trader has shown up when I was in >>> speed). Or maybe it only happens when I ask him when he’s coming to town O.O lol

Hey @grrwtf, could you check if your bonfire is burning?

If the bonfire is not burning, traders and migrants can’t find your island.

That makes sense. I don’t usually put it out, but maybe that’s what happened. If so, sorry for bugging you >_< Like I said, if I come across it again (and the bonfire is burning), I’ll send you my save. Thanks for taking the time to reply :slight_smile:

1 Like