SUGGESTION: Granular building controls

One thing that would be REALLY handy would be to have granular building controls.

Specifically the following options:

• The ability to turn off buildings so they do not draw power and do not use up workers
  • The ability to set the efficiency of a building as a percentage of the maximum (after bonuses / penalties) OR set the maximum number of workers. IE 2 of 4.

Why do I think this is a good idea?

• First and foremost, I like to lay out roads, building, power etc. while I am waiting on research, production, or population. If I have piles of concrete and steel laying around, I would like to be able to build out plants etc. in advance and either throttle them or disable them entirely until needed.
  • I may only need certain levels of output at a time. I may want to build out a grid with 200 electronics factories at once even though I only need 10 right now. Again, being able to turn them on and off as needed to balance power and workers would be ideal.

I am aware of the “Production Overview” Sliders, but I like to setup dedicated pods to ensure factory balance. For example, research. The electronics that go into research are different factories than the ones that go into home appliances etc. If I use the sliders, then all factories of X type are reduced while I may want some at 100% and others at 0%

If anyone else has anything to add to this idea, chime in below.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

I had forgotten about districts and realized that they might be a partial solution to this. However, when using the production overview, checking the “Districts” check box, and then selecting the district you want to control, all the sliders become disabled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.