Soil enrichtment facility bug

1. I placed a soil enrichtment facility near some vegetable farms. Everything worked fine.
  2. Then I moved the soil enrichtment facility and suddenly the veggie farms didn’t have the soil enrichtment bonus anymore.
  3. I removed the soil enrichtment facility and placed a new one and everything worked fine again.

I’ve checked this multiple times.

Is it a actual bug or a visual bug. So do you not get the efficiency bonus if you moved it?

Good question. I didn’t actually know, so I checked. It’s an actual gameplay affecting bug. I even timed it to make sure. It also affects the numbers on the production overview showing I’m now under producing, where before I was producing enough.

Before moving:

After moving:

And for the record, I did move it, just to the exact same location.

I ran an experiment for this. I filled fertilizer factory storage and connected the fertilizer factories simultaneously to vegetable farms. I clicked the first trucks to come out out. The screenshots are all during the same pause.

The last condition was where I moved the soil enrichment facility and then moved the vegetable farm, which seems to restore the effect.

1 Like

Wow, what a thorough investigation! Put it on the list.

The effect is lost when moving recycling centers, as well.

Electronics factories started with input/output storages full and then were left to run until empty. The one on the right ran through its input storage before the one on the left.

2 Likes

Do the effcts come back when you reload a save?

From the test, moving the buildings that should benefit from the effect will have their effect restored.
So no idea if loading a save will reaply it (but kinda doubt it will), since I have no boosting buildings right now to test it myself.