Research Tree: How much of each color do items require?

Green science requires 1 Blue, Yellow requires 4 Blue & 1 Green, and suspect that each Red science building requires some combo of Blue, Green, and Yellow science. This begs the question about how much of each science units do items in the research tree require?

If an item in the research tree requires Blue, Green, and Yellow science, does it really only require Yellow science? And Blue & Green are listed, only because Yellow science needs both? OR does such a research item require some unspecified amount of Blue, Green, & Yellow science?

Why I’m asking: Finally reached Interplanetary Capital level, but see Red Science as an economy strangler. For items that require Blue, Green, Yellow, & Red science, IF I can focus on Red science only, it will help.

If a research item says it needs 80 blue/green/yellow then the research lab needs to receive 80 of each colour, independent of the needs of the science pack factories. Whenever a research lab has a set of one pack of each of the needed colours (in this case blue, green and yellow,) it converts them to a research point applied to the task at hand.

When you get to the Adamantine drill being in operation, it requires red science packs. It doesn’t need the other colours though of course the red science pack factory still needs yellow and so on.

Thanks Geoffrey for clarifying,

So the AI Control Unit, which required 220 research units, actually required 660 (220 Blue, 220 Green, and 220 Yellow), PLUS whatever science units were required to manufacture the Green & Yellow science units?

So the Fast Neutron Reactor, which requires 200 each of Blue, Green, Yellow, & Red science units, is going to take many game hours. Ouch! (Just when I thought InfraSpace was getting easy.)

In my experience, it is easy to support a few extra blue and green science pack factories to account for this. The yellows are more demanding, but given how many resources are needed to keep a red science pack factory running at full production, it isn’t a significant stumbling block.

Getting an Adamantine drill running at maximum does require a well tuned colony, so the game continues to increase in difficulty all the way to the end.

Generating Yellow science was dramatically more demanding than Green. Still shuddering about how much I have ramp up my economy for Red!

Getting an Adamantine drill running at maximum does require a well tuned colony, so the game continues to increase in difficulty all the way to the end.

On one hand, have a sense of dread because of how much work is left. But on the other, it means I have lots of challenges to look forward to.

Again, thanks for the info.