Rebalance some of the Mid-Game Factories

I am enjoying the game so far. But when I starting building the Home Robots, I was surprised how “expensive” they are. Meaning how many parts factories are needed to feed one robot factory. It takes so many Nano tubes and Neural Processer factories. Then when I needed yellow science, this problem just exploded. It would be more enjoyable to play if I didn’t have to build as many of these ancillary factories. Maybe the devs can look into rebalancing some of the mid game tech. I am a little apprehensive on what it will take to build the red science packs if the yellows are so expensive.

1 Like

The difficulty level increases as you advance through the game. Design patterns that work initially choke and die later on; if you want to progress you probably have to rework your city to be more efficient. Since the current endgame depends on the efficiency of red science production, a slight change in the mid-game will make a significant difference on whether adamantine production is trivial or impossible. At the moment it is achievable though challenging.

Understandably, some people prefer to play more of a story mode and the developers may want to accommodate this somehow, but I hope not at the expense of the feeling of accomplishment for those of us who have tuned our cities as needed.

1 Like

With today’s update neural processor factories and nanotubes are a little faster: Friday Dev News #48 - Train Lines & Habitats

Once we add better ways of building lots of factories, we’ll revisit the balance here.

1 Like