Masterpieces Not Appearing

I get a confirmation message that a masterpiece is completed, such as an art piece, but it doesn’t appear in the house anywhere and I can’t find any other place it could be or to build it myself.

Edit: Painting of Good Vibes has failed to appear twice after successful completion of the masterpiece quest chain. The chain says its completed and the award was the painting.

Edit 2: My people are somehow seeing it but it is invisible to me.

Edit 3: I think I figured out one of two possibilities. (1) If the Tool Chest is nearby when the Painting is created, it becomes invisible. (2) If there isn’t a wall directly next to the craft bench when making it, it becomes invisible.

Dumb question, but have you looked at the other side of the wall? Or on a different floor?
If the people are able to see it, it should be visible.

If you’re still getting this behavior with people seeing a painting you don’t, you can send me a save for investigation.

Yep. I’ve looked everywhere. Two other ones appeared later when the quest chain repeated and I put the crafting bench nearer a wall.

I have had a similar situation: Masterpiece reported to be completed, but nowhere to be found.
I did suspect that it maybe was too large to be auto placed, so I decided to go back to an auto save.
And yes, there was an error message saying the game was unable to place the masterpiece.
When I then reloaded and made more space, it (Bed of Tranquility) appeared correctly.

Should I suggest something here, then it would be that masterpieces got their own category under furniture, and then it will be up to the player for to place it.

Just wondering whether it is possible to get Masterpiece Quests moddable?

I’m finding the occurrence of Masterpieces to be very vague and irregular.
One game there were 3 within the first 4 years yet other games where none occurred during the first 5+ years…

It’s moddable, but only with script mods, which are somewhat complicated.

However, I can confirm we fixed this bug for 1.1 :slight_smile: