Hello everyone and welcome to the InfraSpace Improvement Update!
This update has been in the works for 2 months and we’re bringing you lots of bugfixes, performance improvements and even some new decoration buildings and small extra features!
Special surprise: We got a small Intro Cinematic!
In InfraSpace, you start out as a ship stranded in space. If you start a new game, you will now get a small movie to introduce you to the situation. Our 2d artist Adriana has been working on it for a while, so I hope you like it!
- “Pixel buildings” so you can highlight parts of your city
- Color wheel for pixel buildings and trains so you can have them in any color you want
- Lots of new decoration buildings for your enjoyment, like crashed ufo, ferris wheel, new parks, fences, parking lot, …
We added lots of new decoration buildings, this screenshot only shows a couple:
The new pixel buildings can be used to make any kind of shape ingame:
You can use the color wheel to customize pixel buildings, fences, and trains:
Improving the performance of the game has been one of the primary focuses of the Improvement Update. And I think we were quite successful: especially in large saves, your fps could increase by 50% or even 100%, depending on your city layout and city size.
- Pathfinding Performance has been vastly improved, which is especially relevant for large saves
- We removed one source of regular stutter (Visualization mode verification ran every 5 seconds)
- No hanging when placing long roads, especially in large saves
- Improved terraforming buildings performance
- When you place roads they are now built in the shape you expect
- Fixed terrain decals below roads not being rendered correctly
- Fixed green grass not appearing in grasslands and forests after terraforming
- Fixed a bug where you could connect different types of pipes
- “Road missing” icon no longer appears when a pipe is connected to a building
- You can now exit move and delete mode with escape
- The targeting station now has an animation
- Fixed the price calculation when placing gondolas. Now dependent on distance
- Fixed height and length of roads not being shown anymore
Even very long and steep roads are now built in the shape you expect them to be:
That’s it for this update, let us know how you like it! We hope the Improvement Update improves your InfraSpace experience.
Stay tuned for more news next week!
Until then, happy playing!