Identical housing not proving the same benefits

I have two colonists in identical houses, the only difference is that the houses are rotated 90 degrees from each other. One house satisfies the colonist for a “Owns a house with 3 big rooms” while the other colonist in an identical house is not satisfied. I’ve tried expanding the rooms of unsatisfied colonist’s house, but they are still not satisfied.

I’m losing my mind trying to figure out why. I just read a post about walls not giving back the proper amount of wood based on the direction they run, I began to wonder if that has something to do with this issue since the only difference is the houses are turned 90 degrees from each other.

Cheers!
Capt’n Skunky

I think this could be a bug that’s already been fixed but not released yet.

Could you check if there is anything in the house that belongs to someone else? The game should only count beds for this “owns a house” thing, but because of a bug it also counts armor and clothing stands and weapon and tool racks at the moment.

Is that it?

1 Like

I just checked and all the items in the colonist’s house belong to them. I moved each item out and checked that they were missing from their inventory, then put them back.

I’ve also noticed that I have two other houses that are identical in floorplan and orientation so that doesn’t seem to be the issue. Every other colonist in a 3 room house has that desire met. At this point I think I am just going to tear the house down and rebuild it.

Alright. Before you tear down the house, could you send me the savegame (daniel@foundersfortune.com)?
That way, I can have a look and see what’s happening here.

Thanks!

1 Like

Certainly! Shall be on the way shortly.

Edit: Sent!

1 Like

Haha funny issue. Cindy thinks she has only 2 big rooms because the wall is missing here :wink:
(behind the tool rack)

2 Likes

Bwahahah! I can’t believe I missed that. Must have happened when I replaced the fancy outer wall with the vertical wall when I expanded.

This actually gives me an idea for a suggestion. Some way to view buildings that highlights walls and floors so you can see without the interference of objects in said house.

Anyway, sorry for wasting your time on this. I feel kinda sheepish that I didn’t catch that. I guess I should stop playing before it gets to be 2am!

Cheers!
Capt’n Skunky

1 Like