It’s past Saturday 2am here, but I haven’t slept yet, so I’m still going to count this as a “Friday” Dev News
This week we did a bunch of work adding first tutorials, tooltips and error messages (for example when a power plant is not connected to a power network). Still, you’re getting a nice little extra feature this week and it is… signs!
You can use them to organize your city or give it a little personality:
- Standing Sign & Laying Sign
- Can rotate buildings with Q and E, independent of roads
- UI elements to explain Q-E rotation for buildings and R-F bridges for roads
- Tutorial to explain city info panel in dashboard to new players (bottom left)
- Error Icons + Tooltips for
- Building colliding
- Building not placed on resource deposit
- Power plant not connected to power network
- Road colliding
- Road segment too short
- Road too steep
- Road too close to neighbor
- Road too far from ground
I might have forgot something, but I’m pushing today’s update from home and left my notes in the office.
Our store pages on Steam, GoG, and Humble need good nice assets so that interested players can get a feel for the game and see that we’re doing some serious work on it. For this purpose we’ve made a new artwork which we’re using across our websites now. I hope you like it!