This week we’ve also been quite busy preparing for Steam Next and our new trailer is almost done!
We’ll release the trailer together with Alpha 6 on Wednesday. For players that have been playing every week, not much will change with Alpha 6, but a lot has happend since Alpha 5.0 in March and we think the game has progressed more than enough to be able to get a new major version.
We’re also experimenting with the look of the city. Scroll down to see our first attempts at what new habitats could look like - these are just tests for now, but we think a downtown area with some highrises could work very well.
And of course, with todays update, Alpha 5.14, you get a bunch of small fixes and changes. Check it out!
- power poles now have a maximum distance. When building power lines, additional poles automatically spawn
- improved power indicators - instead of overlapping decals, the visualization merges nicely into each other
- added tooltips that display resource name when hovering over it
- rebalanced nuclear reactor, fixed a bug where uranium wouldn’t be delivered in time
- power poles now have a circular collider to make placement easier
- increased resource needs to balance later city levels against upgrades like industrial robots or high tech tools
- fixed a bug where buildings would get disconnected from their streets randomly
- fixed a bug where buildings would disconnect after reloading
- fixed a bug where you couldn’t place uranium mines
- fixed wrong scaling of the small iron mine
- fixed a bug where a tooltip would get stuck in one location and stop moving with the mouse
- fixed a bug where buildings would rotate wildly when placing them, even flickering
- fixed a bug where the game wouldn’t respond if you built 2 one-way-roads facing each other