I’m happy to announce we’ll be participating in Steam Next
Steam Next is an event where players will be able to check out all kinds of games for free before they are released. It starts on June 16th and goes for about a week.
For the players that have been playing every week, not a lot will change, but I think it might be a good opportunity to get the word out to other players. That’s why we’re planning on using the time until then to fix issues and work on quality of life things for the most part. I don’t know how it’s going to turn out, but it could be exciting.
I put a bunch of time into preparing for Steam Next so there is no major content update this week. Still, we received a couple of reports and I didn’t want to let a week go by without fixing the major issues currently on the list. Also, we now have animations for some buildings
- Buildings without a necessary road connections now display a red icon
- First animations for space port, air processor, iron mines, and wind turbine
- Important: Increased intersection traffic speed. We plan to give you more tools to handle traffic properly, but for now this will alleviate some issues in larger cities
- Fixed a source of frequent lag spikes when people were moving in or moving out of larger cities
- Fixed a bug where red buildings with an error wouldn’t take in traffic, causing jams
- Fixed the radiation core stack size so you can build red science packs
- Typo fix
- Fixed a bug where upgrading or downgrading habitat would make it collide with surrounding roads and buildings
- high tech tool and industrial robot upgrades don’t show anymore for new buildings if you haven’t researched them yet