Friday Dev News #23 - Steam Next, Building Animations

Hello everyone!

Steam Next

I’m happy to announce we’ll be participating in Steam Next :slight_smile:
Steam Next is an event where players will be able to check out all kinds of games for free before they are released. It starts on June 16th and goes for about a week.

For the players that have been playing every week, not a lot will change, but I think it might be a good opportunity to get the word out to other players. That’s why we’re planning on using the time until then to fix issues and work on quality of life things for the most part. I don’t know how it’s going to turn out, but it could be exciting.

Update

I put a bunch of time into preparing for Steam Next so there is no major content update this week. Still, we received a couple of reports and I didn’t want to let a week go by without fixing the major issues currently on the list. Also, we now have animations for some buildings :smiley:

New stuff + Changes

• Buildings without a necessary road connections now display a red icon
  • First animations for space port, air processor, iron mines, and wind turbine
  • Important: Increased intersection traffic speed. We plan to give you more tools to handle traffic properly, but for now this will alleviate some issues in larger cities

Fixes

• Fixed a source of frequent lag spikes when people were moving in or moving out of larger cities
  • Fixed a bug where red buildings with an error wouldn’t take in traffic, causing jams
  • Fixed the radiation core stack size so you can build red science packs
  • Typo fix
  • Fixed a bug where upgrading or downgrading habitat would make it collide with surrounding roads and buildings
  • high tech tool and industrial robot upgrades don’t show anymore for new buildings if you haven’t researched them yet

Happy playing!

BuildingAnims

3 Likes

Impressive new animated graphics :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice fixes here, hopefully those traffic jams will be less likely moving forward. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

great improvements!!, i really like how the game go now, but the traffic is really a thing, finaly i can reach a lot more stable lvl 4 habitats, but i miss more types of road for mid-late game, maybe a 2 lane 1 way road can help, and if posible also 1 lane for highways also, maybe you have on mind

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like