Friday Dev News #153 - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Hello everyone!

Another year draws to a close and it’s time to wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

In last week’s Friday Dev News Post we let you know that we were working on an optimization that we’re hoping to finish this week. We are almost done, but it’s a deep change, so it carries a bunch of risk. Since the holidays are coming, we thought it’s best to not release a deep change like that willy-nilly without proper testing.

For the people who are interested in the technical details:
The optimization improves the algorithm that decides how workers are distributed to each factory based on your prioritizations. On large cities (50k citizens and more), it could take around 30 milliseconds to run. Since there is a lot of moving in and out in these cities, having an extra 30 millisecond calculation in these frames leads to bad stuttering, which we are fixing with this improvement.

If your city is smaller, that distribution algorithm has much less of a performance impact.

Also, because of the holidays, we’re going to pause Friday Dev News for 2 weeks for the first time in 3 years of development. We’ll be back in the new year with new fixes, improvements and also a handful of new content releases, too.

I also would like to thank the community for their passion and their support. InfraSpace is not the biggest game, and as such we can’t work on it indefinitely, but I’m glad that for now we can still work on improving it a little here and there and I’m also glad that you and your support are still part of it :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy Playing!

4 Likes

thanks for all your hard work! Love the game!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.