Hello everyone, it’s time for another another update!
First of all I want to say I’m sorry for the researching bug! Some players experienced crashes or freezes when they finished researching a technology. Typically I’d like to release a quickfix for issues like this, but with the Easter weekend around I wanted to take it a little slower
This week we focused a lot on bugfixes. The traffic engine has to be rock-solid, since it comprises the core of the game so we wanted to prioritze the issues we found there.
- Researching crash
- Fixed disappearing cars (3 separate issues!)
- Fixed randomly stopping cars that were blocking traffic
- Fixed teleporting cars on intersections
- Fixed an issue where you could see shadows through roads. When you built a bridge and had a building behind it, the building’s shadow would be on top of the road
- Fixed the red markers that disappeared with last update by mistake
- Fixed cars drifting and flying into side roads, especially when turning left
- Fixed bridge pier distribution to look nicer
Server work + Unity update
When you’re developing games, it can be hard to catch a free minute to do miscellaneous maintenance tasks. You’re either working on a release, fixing the bugs of a release or building the core of a game you want to release in the future.
So that’s why we I took 2 days this week to take care of the server and update InfraSpace to Unity’s newest long term support version. The server maintenance is not completely done, but it’s better than it was before, so I count it as a win. Basically I put our automatic error tracking system into a container so we can migrate it to a new server more easily and back it up.
New atmosphere processors
And finally you’re getting a little extra eye candy for your enjoyment
People have been telling us the atmosphere processors look like wind turbines, so we changed their design to better extract oxygen and carbon from the amtosphere: