Hello everyone, and welcome to another week of dev news!
We’re preparing the balancing update for release and are aiming for July 14th. It’s looking good! Today we released a first version of the update to some playtesters on our Discord server. If you also want to help us playtesting, come join!
In preparation of the update we fixed quite a number of issues:
- Fixed an issue where schools did not produce traffic
- Required parks, stadiums, and schools to have a valid path to and from those buildings
- Important: Reduced traffic for parks, stadiums, and schools by 67%
- Fixed an issue where clicking on move or delete while building roads or rails gave you free resources or otherwise broke the game
- Fixed an issue where replacing rails with upgraded versions didn’t work properly
- Reduced gondola collider size so you can place them on cliffs
- Fixed an issue where pipes could be visible above ground after loading a game
- Fixed an issue where the game tried to autosave in the main menu
We are nearing completion on our map editor for our artists!
Sepehr only needs to get the maps to save and load correctly and make them playable and then we’re done!
Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll manage to give you a new map for the balancing update, but should be ready for the 1.0 release!
First of all, the plastic factory I showed you last Friday is now done:
Second, we have 2 new products: The heat exchanger will be necessary to cool superconducting coils, but you’ll get screenshots of that next week.
The stem cell lab is our first futuristic biological product! More details to come in the coming weeks.
I hope you’re looking forward to the balancing update!
Let me know what you think and if we’re forgetting anything important to get InfraSpace ready for 1.0.