Farm manager

Hey devs… I sometimes get the idea I play farm manager instead of FF. I can’t leave my farmers alone for just a second. If I do I come back and see the half is not sowed yet, but they all are watering the fields.
Also when the fields are ready for harvest, they still keep watering everything, go on apple/cotton hunt, or cook food. When I manually order them to harvest, I look away for a moment and find them doing other things again.
I know I have many fields compared to colons… 80 fields for 6 colons. 40tomato/40potato…
Still I feel like 3 farmers should be able to manage that if they prioritize their farming more efficient.

I would suggest something like:
priority order:
0. Harvest

1. Sow
  2. Water
  3. Cook
  4. Apples
  5. Cotton

If 1 farmer is harvesting and there are no more than 10 plants to harvest, go sow. Nothing to sow, go water. etc.
If 1 farmer 1 sowing, and there are no more than 10 fields to sow, go water. etc.

Maybe that last part is a bit too much, since we need to manage something ourselves, but it is really frustrating to see the colons not prioritizing farming in the right order.

Srry for the small rant, cause you do amazing work and I love the game so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha :smiley: yeah, thanks for the input.

It’s not easy because different people often want the colony AI to react differently. That order doesn’t sound too bad though. I copy-pasted it on our list of things to think about.

I understand, I won’t force you my “solution” offcourse. I just wanted to let you know my opinion about it and I hope other people will react to it, so you can figure out the best “fix” :wink:

1 Like

Whatever the order, cotton needs to come last. I’m so tired of my farmers dropping everything they are doing to collect cotton.

3 Likes