Colonist Update now released publicly!

Hey guys!

Our community is very distributed on all kinds of media: There’s the Forum, Twitter, Discord and reddit. That’s why I have to admit I lost sight of the forum for a while. I wish I hadn’t! Because there are actually some people signed up to the forum that are not present on any of the other sites (and I like the forum very much myself :smiley: )

Anyways, back to the topic at hand:

The Colonist Update is Released! Yeah!

There are a lot of new features, mostly dealing with colonist psychology. Here is the Main News Post on our Website where I go over the complete changelog of what’s new and what’s different. Here’s an excerpt:

Alpha 6 – The Colonist Update – drills deep into colonist psychology, simulating not only their mood, but also their wishes and expectations, as well as adding more thoughts and mood-based game events like lazy days or vandalism.

All of these requirements need to be addressed if you want your colony to flourish: Newcomers will only join your colony if the expectations of the current inhabitants are fulfilled. Colonists will only work at peak performance if they’re happy with life. And in order to avoid chaos, you’re going to have to keep them in a good mood.

Additionally, we’re including more furniture to design your colony than in any previous update: Dressers, Shelves, Fireplaces, Street Lanterns, Flower Pots, Hedges, Windows, and much more are waiting to be used creatively. This time, the colonists know what’s beautiful or not and Toni is going to get envious if Fritz has a better bedroom than him!

As you can guess, I’m super excited to see what you guys are going to do with it. Please continue sending us pictures of your colonies, they are always great to see!
We have a new panel in the main menu where we can put in custom pictures and text for all our players to see. Maybe we can select the best picture we receive for the colonist update and put itthere? Could be a lot of fun :smiley:

Let me know what you think!