Bug - Grabing rails with roads

Hi,
I’ve seen report on various ways to trigger a bug where you get a glitched rail/road, but all of these are quite old (february-march), and slightly different from this one. Sorry if it’s considered a duplicate.

When you have an unconnected rail’s end (this also work with built-in rails from train stations), you can start building a road anywhere near and if the mouse gets over the rail’s end it will stop moving the (temporary) road and move the rail instead.
This lead to a very buggy situation where the rail will lay wherever (even if it’s a train station rail), the road will lay where you “grabbed” the rail. Neither can be deleted (but it does trigger the infinite resource glitch).

This does not break save; if you save after this happens, the glitched road will disappear on reload. The glitched rail remain where it is though, and if it is part of a train station the only solution I found was to delete the station.

I’ve seen this as well, most notably when forgetting to raise a road when crossing railways, and I have seen exactly the same glitchy behavior you describe. I only started playing around 1.0 so I’m pretty sure the issue is still there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.