Accepting new colonists?

I can’t seem to accept new colonists. They show up in boats, and my colonists can interact with them but then they just leave. Am I missing something?

Hmmm, it seems strange that you aren’t able to accept them. Let me walk you through the whole process to make sure we’re not missing any steps!

STEP 1
When a new colonist appears, they’ll be standing next to the bonfire. You need to select one of the
old colonists that you already have in your colony.

STEP 2
Once you have an old colonist selected, right click on the new colonist. This should make a set of options appear in a circle around the new colonist. One of those options should say “Accept Migrants”, left click it.

STEP 3
Your old colonist should now walk over to the new guy and accept him into the colony.

STEP 4
It everything went as planned you should now have the new colonist under your control and ready to work!

Try to follow through with those steps and let me know if you run into anymore issues. Hopefully it will work for you now! :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks, I was only able to talk, hug, kill and such with them. I started a new game and now it works exactly as you showed above. Might’ve just been a little glitch. Really enjoying this game so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game, I think it’s pretty excellent myself. If you run into any other issues, feel free to post on the forums again, we’re a friendly community.

1 Like

I can tell. Never once have I gotten such an informative and quick answer. I absolutely adore games like this, and I will be with you for a long time :smiley:

3 Likes

Socks you should make guides for FF. This first image sequence should be the beginning.
How do I get a new migrants.

:+1:

2 Likes

That was a great answer @Socks. I love the cheering guy at the end :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll think about it for sure! :grin: It’s one of those things that I would want to do right if I was doing it. So it would be a fairly big commitment for me.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Got to bring enthusiasm to a guide to give it that extra something!

1 Like