(1.27.417) "Bonus" goods not always being produced?

Today I ran into a weird situation where 10 habitats all directly fed in close proximity by 3 good meal producers were sometimes running low on good meals or even downgrading.

The good meal producers were always running and never short on input resources.

In theory the habitats should have been topped up nicely; each meal producer produces (3+1) good meals every 20 seconds, or 12 per minute, and I had three of them feeding 10 habitats (requiring 3.0 each per minute).

When I watched the meal producers very closely I noticed that most of the time they were not producing more than three outgoing trucks. Sometimes I did see four leave, but most of the time it was 3. This means I was actually running at (3 x 3 x 3) or 27 meals per minute, just a tad under the 30 or so I need to keep my level 6 habitats happy, which explains the shortages/occasional downgrade.

For now I will just overproduce, but this is definitely a bug – although it is very odd that I do sometimes see that fourth truck pop out.

Note also: I have many buildings producing bonus resources, and good meal producers is the only building I’ve noticed this behavior with so far.

Bump - still happening in 1.30.420. Save available if it will help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.